Glamour (Rae Wilder #1)

kuualoha
kuualoha
Tue, 19 Jun 2012 05:24:56 +0200

There were a few grammar errors and times where her writing didn't make sense but that aside, it was an enjoyable book to read and the author is very talented. I think Rae seemed a little immature (yes I'm aware she's a teenager) and that took a bit away from the book for me.

I thought the author choose an odd place to end the book but upon looking for part 2 (Compel). I went in search to find Compel and was sad to find out that the sequels are not free. I won't lie, I have no intention of ever… (more)

nicnic
nicnic
Sat, 14 Jan 2012 19:28:23 +0100

I really enjoyed this mercurial and absorbing story! If I could be a fairy - I wish I could be Rae!!
Just bought Demon Day & Demon Dark - I can't wait to read them!

Arianadove
Arianadove
Tue, 06 Dec 2011 18:05:09 +0100

Really enjoyed the story. Looking forward to reading more!

lillylopez
lillylopez
Mon, 10 Oct 2011 19:32:28 +0200

I really enjoyed this book

Navigirl1986
Navigirl1986
Sun, 09 Oct 2011 05:36:05 +0200

I love this book. If I had the money for the sequels then I would so get them. :)

thispirit
thispirit
Thu, 18 Aug 2011 07:28:11 +0200

An incredibly beautiful story that could have been much better with the help of a competent editor. There were so many typos, punctuation and grammar errors that it became distracting. She is a poetic author, but often times tries to pack in so much into a single sentence that it becomes confusing. There are bits and pieces of the story that don't make much sense, or just weren't explained well enough. It seems like this author has so much going on in her head at once that sometimes she has trouble… (more)

mzstre
mzstre
Fri, 12 Aug 2011 17:05:59 +0200

I truly enjoyed this book! My only criticism is that I wanted it to last longer. I hope the author is working on the next one. I would be more than happy to purchase the sequels. :)

loelsc2296
loelsc2296
Fri, 03 Jun 2011 02:47:09 +0200

i cant wait for the next book about Rae to come out!! i hope its really soon because the demon girl was amazing. i have no idea how your going to make her choose between tomas and breandan tho... super excited :D

Pyro_Oman
Pyro_Oman
Sat, 26 Mar 2011 07:16:49 +0100

Wow that was a spectacular read. I havent had that much fun reading a short story in quite a while. So thank you i cannot wait to read your more of your books, and i can't wait to purchase any of your other books. I very much hope you have continued the story of Rae (awesome name for a fairy by the way,) and her lover-boy and Vampire-boy (whom i very much hope she ends up with.)

stormica
stormica
Thu, 17 Mar 2011 00:12:30 +0100

A very mixed review on this book. I liked the characters, and the setting, what I had a hard time with were all of the grammatical mistakes. Ms. Fletcher could benefit greatly from a re-read or an editor. It does detract from the reading experience when basic grammar errors are common throughout. Your and you're are not interchangeable, likewise their, there, and they're, to and too, etc. Comma use should be evaluated as well.

"He looked stricken and tried to free himself. Like me was held by… (more)

Miss_Fletcher
Miss_Fletcher (5 books)
Tue, 25 Jan 2011 18:55:48 +0100

Thanks Risinggen. The book is available in print now check out my blog or thedemongirl.com for details.

Great review anditmovesusall. There is a second book, the entire story arc for Rae is covered in three books. There was a Big Ben reference I slipped in there but you're the first to mention it! There are only ten chapters, but as you say they're longer than usual. The way the timeline is set out and the fact (barring one place) you follow Rae's P.O.V continuously from sun-up to sun-down, I… (more)

anditmovesusall
anditmovesusall
Mon, 24 Jan 2011 20:28:16 +0100

Absolutely brilliant book, I've been so caught up in it, i need to read more! Is there a second book? I'm guessing there is, the way you left it made it seem that way. The plot was amazing, there was so much going on all the time it had me on the edge of my seat. I like how there was also that element of mystery; that you had to piece things together as you went along. And as frustrating as it is, the love triangle thing made really worked, although i really wanted her to be with Breandan only… (more)

alan.hefner
alan.hefner
Sun, 16 Jan 2011 16:25:32 +0100

Great read. Can't wait for the second part.

Risinggen
Risinggen
Tue, 11 Jan 2011 05:17:03 +0100

Hai!
Oh gosh. I.. really, really loved this. I've read through several original books from this site and more than I care to admit were disappointing.. but not this one. s in stores.. or will be soon this month?) to as many of my friends as I can. Keep up the good work and have a stellar time!

Miss_Fletcher
Miss_Fletcher (5 books)
Thu, 06 Jan 2011 08:30:59 +0100

Hey Megan2992. I took your advice and read Tithe then had to go and get Ironside. Amazing! I loved the whole gentry fae and Seelie, Unseelie court thing. It held true to most of the myths about fae culture, and it was beautifully written ... almost poetry. Kaye was a fantastic lead character and I liked she wasn't a "pretty" pixie. :) Brilliant recommendation.

Thanks for reading mine too, lol

Megan2992
Megan2992
Wed, 29 Dec 2010 21:12:43 +0100

Just finished the kindle version last night. Was a really good story, saw a few similarities with the Holly Black books, maybe they were one of your inspirations? If not I'd say give them a read, they're really good, think you'd like them going on the book.

Miss_Fletcher
Miss_Fletcher (5 books)
Tue, 30 Nov 2010 22:40:58 +0100

Thanks salamander248. I'm happy it kept you interested till the end.
cuzy360 You're far too kind :)

cuzy360
cuzy360
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 17:37:32 +0100

i say you are too good. even though i hate love triangles this one is the best. from a vampire to a werewolf all ichy

salamander248
salamander248 (1 book)
Mon, 29 Nov 2010 01:33:29 +0100

Hey Penelope,

Just wanted to let you know that i enjoyed reading your book. Very well written and kept me enthralled the whole way through.

Miss_Fletcher
Miss_Fletcher (5 books)
Sun, 28 Nov 2010 22:35:15 +0100

Hi allprostang. What a great gift to get (the Kindle). I'm glad my book got recommended (it's a really great thing for an Indie Author like me to hear), and even more so that you liked it. Thank you for taking the time to feedback, and I hope you like the sequel as much.