Beautiful Red

lalle
Sat, 14 Dec 2013 18:01:16 +0100

Well worth reading.

Bazzz
Bazzz
Wed, 03 Aug 2011 18:26:11 +0200

Good book, I liked the fact that all the future high-tech makes sense, of course it is all sci-fi but it sounds like it could be possible in the (near) future, non of it sounds impossible or ridiculous. Clearly the author is aware of current technology and where it's weaknesses lie and improvements could be made. In the book these (obvious) improvements are the thing of the day, and people long for how it was in the past, which to us is now. This makes it possible for the reader to identify with… (more)

wowbagger2
wowbagger2
Mon, 17 Jan 2011 00:35:12 +0100

The book was written very intelligently. I liked the quite vivid writing style! I especially enjoyed seeing jester0boxen having quite some irritation resulting from being REALLY offline :) Quite close to us now, when our smartphone get's out of power :P. I also thought about the end being a bit to quick, a bit more red-interna would have been nice to read. I also wondered, why the big enterprises did allow for the revolutionary red to have such a big headquarter/training complex... Keep on up writing such nice stoies!

Giggleton
Giggleton (1 book)
Sun, 09 Jan 2011 09:54:15 +0100

I liked this book. One thing that bugged me a bit was that I thought Jack's 3D interface should have been more widely regarded by the public, who still used virtual folders and such. The tech in the book seemed like a halfway point between The Diamond Age and the Matrix.

Although I thought the ending was a bit abrupt with much more that could be explored, also there were quite a few typos, I suppose in this day and age we are supposed to just ignore the typos, but I notice them all.

DSinAZ
DSinAZ
Thu, 30 Dec 2010 15:13:06 +0100

Downloaded this to my Kindle yesterday and am almost halfway through. I didn't think "cyberpunk" would be my thing, but Darusha has written a tight, compelling story that drags the reader in and doesn't let go. No frilly descriptions here, just action, and written in a way that doesn't scare off the Sci-Fi or Cy-Punk newbie. This would be a book I'd have been happy to buy in a store and I'm looking forward to others. I write a lot of reviews on Amazon and would recommend this to others.

senthusiast
senthusiast
Sat, 27 Nov 2010 19:15:14 +0100

One awesome book! The opening made me laugh; Jack reminded me of my sister. Enthralling story, well-rounded characters, and the world is both believable and totally sci-fi. I really hope this author writes plenty more, 'cause I'm totally hooked.

Frodus
Frodus
Fri, 05 Nov 2010 19:56:18 +0100

Great read, im new to this ebook business but im already growing to love it. 5* Hope there are many more to come

troydutton
troydutton
Tue, 12 Oct 2010 21:05:27 +0200

Well written si-fi tale that held my interest throughout. Unlike some si-fi that is entirely plot driven with little character development, Wehm does a good job of immersing the reader in the protagonist's world; I found it easy to imagine myself living there.

Airr
Airr
Fri, 13 Aug 2010 07:59:42 +0200

Extremely well written book, with an interesting twist at the end that could easily lead to a follow up (hopefully that's the plan! Don't make me hack together a script to compel you!).

zeroguru
zeroguru (1 book)
Fri, 23 Jul 2010 21:41:36 +0200

Superbly written book, as hiwaypilot said, cyberpunk to the end, and a really nice twist just waiting for us.
If you've written anymore books darusha, I'll happily read them.

hiwaypilot
hiwaypilot
Sat, 01 May 2010 03:49:25 +0200

Now that's what I'm talking about. True cyberpunk right to the end. Excellent story line.

carbonize
carbonize
Tue, 06 Apr 2010 20:05:43 +0200

An excellent, well written story. draws you in and keeps you hooked.
I did find some typos in there but such is life.

dirtylittlecity
dirtylittlecity
Fri, 05 Mar 2010 01:16:41 +0100

Loved this book! Just wish it was longer, but oh well! A pleasure to read. I registered just to comment and say I enjoyed your work.

Bandgeek2013
Bandgeek2013
Mon, 01 Mar 2010 03:25:50 +0100

As soon as you open this book, you are sucked into the world of Jack. It's vivid and keeps a fast pace. I can't wait for any other books that this auther comes up with.

Maxer
Maxer
Fri, 05 Feb 2010 16:18:49 +0100

I am only 3/4th of the way through this book, and already it is one of the better books I have read in this genre. While I wouldn't go so far as to say it is “dark and gritty” cyberpunk, it is certainly entertaining and a semi-dystopian view of the future that is believable enough to not break one out of the story's world.
All in all, very happy with this book and my thanks to the author!
From what I can see this is her first book, I hope she writes and posts many more!

sparks88
sparks88
Fri, 18 Dec 2009 03:37:54 +0100

Loved this book. Really appealed to my geeky side. I could really relate to the main character.

jhanel
jhanel
Tue, 18 Aug 2009 21:26:03 +0200

An amazingly well-created world. Great suspense. Once the world is established by the author, the plot is well-drawn out. I give it a very high 5 out of 5.