How To Disappear Completely

sasasijak
sasasijak (2 books)
Mon, 18 Mar 2013 14:54:38 +0100

This is great book with a funny story. The story has a perfect flow and original content. It is certainly a nice reading for all generations.

EditorOak
EditorOak
Sat, 03 Dec 2011 10:48:15 +0100

this book is being (unofficially) translated to Russian (but slow enough to get only the first chapter done in a couple of months)

malabaraca
malabaraca
Tue, 01 Nov 2011 18:09:29 +0100

nice and funny! There is something about this story that reminds me of Nick Hornby's books. I am looking forward to reading another David's book... when??? I hope soon :)

ps: however, I didn't like the title

Knarf
Knarf
Sun, 21 Aug 2011 00:13:38 +0200

Great writing. Enjoyed the humor. Would like to read more from him.

Nine.Echo
Nine.Echo
Sat, 13 Aug 2011 07:06:00 +0200

One of the best books I have ever read

Astrovel
Astrovel
Wed, 15 Jun 2011 22:49:10 +0200

I enjoyed reading this up to a point. It's really a love story trying to find its way. The title is so way off base, it isn't even appropriate. Still, it was an OK read.

angel28
angel28
Sun, 20 Feb 2011 13:00:50 +0100

good read! funny and interesting!

jamesbrian1
jamesbrian1
Sat, 22 Jan 2011 04:40:45 +0100

LOVED this book! was very funny and I enjoyed the ending...aaaahhhh if only life wrapped up so neatly!

laf2406
laf2406
Sun, 16 Jan 2011 16:39:44 +0100

nice read,very funny, i could really relate to Josh- if i come across another David Bowick book i would definitely read it!

radz
radz
Wed, 08 Dec 2010 03:03:29 +0100

it's a nice light book to read that i could relate to. finished reading last night 2 am :D nice!

MorningStarIowa
MorningStarIowa
Thu, 18 Nov 2010 23:20:44 +0100

I personally loved it and found it funny, charming and interesting. I hope that people will read the book despite what "piezoman" has to say.

piezoman
piezoman
Sat, 13 Nov 2010 18:56:43 +0100

While the book is easy to read, it is far from good. I would equate the piece as "descriptive writing gone wrong." The number of analogies used to describe showering was distracting within the first hour of reading. Too much emphasis was placed on scenes designed to illustrate the 'cool' factor of our main character, while there were glaring absences of the effects of one event on another, making every 'incredible' occurence that much more 'UNcredible'.

This story may be based on actual events… (more)

capitaomorsa
capitaomorsa
Wed, 10 Nov 2010 21:01:07 +0100

Good, fun, read. Easy to understand for English as a second language. (I'm Portuguese) The end of the story let me a bit disappointed but overall I enjoyed the book. (I'm 32 years old)

MorningStarIowa
MorningStarIowa
Thu, 04 Nov 2010 22:20:09 +0100

Awesome book. Can't say enough good about it. If David Bowick write another I will be first in line to buy and read it!

Priehl
Priehl
Tue, 14 Sep 2010 00:30:44 +0200

Fun read...thanks for such a pleasant (yeah, slightly addictive) first book-read experience on the iPad that I had to, but didn't want to, buy. [For real...] Camera-panning-out-the-window / PG13 comment still bugs me as a real clunker (as in, I would edit it and repost the manuscript; that bad) otherwise I found the approach and humor infectious.

An ending-gambit to consider for your next: introduce an incident as equally fantastic as the one that opened this. End with an ellipsis...

tforshee
tforshee
Tue, 07 Sep 2010 16:29:21 +0200

Very good read

Foxfur
Foxfur
Sun, 15 Aug 2010 03:05:50 +0200

I don't consider myself a love triangle (or quadrangle) type reader, but this is not your usual idea of the situation. A wonderfully clever beginning leads into a witty and ingenious novel that I had to compulsively read through until the very mature and realistic ending. A thoughtful and exciting book that is wholly believable in its lush detail. It truly seems that it could happen to anybody, but only Mr. Bowick could write it this good. I hope to read more from you, David. Bravo!

lovelyogie
lovelyogie
Sat, 14 Aug 2010 14:19:43 +0200

looove this novel!

criszag97
criszag97
Tue, 27 Jul 2010 05:31:25 +0200

the story was really really awesome...... i could actually see myself in the story... thanks Davidbowick!

Honeybuns
Honeybuns
Fri, 23 Jul 2010 07:24:13 +0200

Loved this book!! It was all too entertaining. It took me a second to figure out what was happening, but once the book took off I couldn't stop reading! I finished it in a day!! I recommend it to all!