DEAD(ish)

lalle
lalle
Sat, 14 Dec 2013 17:52:59 +0100

Interesting and different approach (or perspective). A quick read.

comara
comara
Wed, 25 May 2011 14:47:46 +0200

am suprised that jsweetburn could not understand who was saying what!!! it was actually quite clear. anyway, it was interesting, entertaining to be exact.

jsweetburn
jsweetburn
Sat, 26 Feb 2011 00:44:40 +0100

I couldn't really understand who's saying what, when....I mean besides the over the top swearing (I can usually get past that as I'm a bit of a potty mouth myself, but JEEZ!) I couldn't get into it.

charlottemoreau
charlottemoreau
Fri, 22 Oct 2010 00:59:22 +0200

lm so new l cant download none of the book to my sony reader anyone willing to help a newbe,,my email is mmoreau1484@rogers.com
name neon

jofe
jofe
Mon, 27 Sep 2010 20:05:17 +0200

A little rough around the edges, but entertaining. Plenty of 4 letter words and sex, so if that bothers you, then look elsewhere. Worth reading.

Rayy
Rayy (6 books)
Mon, 12 Jul 2010 01:50:14 +0200

Humorous and clever, and definitely worth reading. It's a short-story, so the author doesn't have time to hold your hand and walk you through everything--you'll have to use your imagination some, and actually do some thinking. I could see how that would bother people.

lpd381
lpd381
Sun, 04 Apr 2010 00:17:40 +0200

this was just horrible. The author over used the word arse and it becomes distracting and obnoxious. The story is stupid and I could care less about the characters in the story. DONT READ THIS STORY!

smoothlyez
smoothlyez
Sat, 20 Mar 2010 22:01:17 +0100

I didn't expect literary genius. What I did get was a good chuckle.

loohoohooser
loohoohooser
Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:32:37 +0100

Despite the author's unique style and admittedly interesting premise, I was unable to enjoy this story. The characters seemed underdeveloped even at the end of the tale, and I never had a sense of the motivations of any of the characters. Prosaically, it is a good effort in my opinion, and I would certainly welcome the opportunity to read more from this author.

dolcenotte
dolcenotte
Tue, 05 Jan 2010 04:25:23 +0100

I'm going to be real honest. I downloaded it into my kindle and did not think I would like the style of writing so I deleted it pretty quickly. Then I decided to download it again for some reason and it was such an entertaining, well-written, and unique story! This story is an example of why I love my kindle!!

MoxieMezcal
MoxieMezcal (7 books)
Sun, 22 Nov 2009 05:13:25 +0100

Dead(ish) is a quick read, written in a playful, conversational style that shifts between several characters’ first-person points-of-view. What makes it special is the way that it crackles with exuberant creative energy from start to finish, never dragging or dwelling on the kind of inconsequential minutiae that tends to trip up less-assured, more pretentious authors. Part mystery, part ghost story, part revenge fantasy, Naomi’s work stampedes over genre conventions and thumbs her nose at… (more)

Nayehi
Nayehi
Wed, 02 Sep 2009 11:14:57 +0200

I love this story! The title and the description drew me in and the story captivated me. Read the story in one sitting and hated saying bye to the characters when it was done. Maybe there will be a sequel?

I got all caught up in the hunt for Linda's body. Poor thing, it would suck to wake up dead.

I enjoyed the dark humor immensely.

I also really liked the shifting point-of-view. It was fun to get one character's side of things and then get a different character's take on the events as well as… (more)