Crocheted sisters Amelie and Mako and are ready for anything—a day at the beach, a birthday bash, a visit to the library—and their outfits are, too!
In this book, popular Japanese amigurumi designer Miya takes you step-by-step through the dollmaking process, showing you how to create two charming doll companions, their teddy bear pal Marron, and 63 miniature wardrobe additions—ranging from warm winter coats to delicate ballet slippers.
Clear instructions provide a pattern for each clothing item and accessory. A basic guide to the crochet stitches used in the book is included as a refresher to the symbols and stitch execution.
Mix-and-match doll clothing and accessories, including:
- Cozy, cold-weather wear for looking great on chilly days
- Chic pants, tops, berets, or straw hats for a market-day-in-Paris vibe
- Charming little tops, like a colorful ruffled tunic—great for a day at the beach
- Clothes for ballet, cheerleading, and dress-up (be a flight attendant—or dance a hula!)
- Tote bags, evening bags, and shoulder bags—you can never have too many!
- And much more!
But you don't have to stop here! Handmade toys open up a whole new world for creativity. With this book as a guide, you can create crochet dolls whose colors and features celebrate diversity or design wardrobes based on specific interests. With the inspiration provided in this book, you can do it all. Let it be your springboard to fostering many hours of gentle, creative—and fashion-forward—playtime.